Sunday, June 13, 2010

long overdue apology

In the dead of a New England winter, sometimes you have to run indoors. That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes the girls' track team ends up training alongside you. Of course, sometimes, so does the men's lacrosse team. As I recall, it was usually the latter that left a wafting trail of cologne whenever they passed you (or you passed them). Few things will undermine my respect for you as an athlete quite like putting on cologne before your workout. Until today.

Apparently, Calvin Klein's "Obsession for Men" attracts large jungle cats (I wonder if anyone has bothered to do a study ascertaining whether or not it attracts human females of any size... probably not an important question).

Few things will amplify my respect for you as an athlete quite like putting on cologne before your workout so that you can achieve your maximum heart rate fleeing a jaguar.

[If I were actually as geeky as I make myself out to be, I would have titled this post: "Beware of the Leopard." Let's pretend I did that.]

1 comment:

  1. I'd hoped to bid farewell to that smell when I stopped working out at a university gym, but cologne wearing hambones keep working out after college, too--if only there were some jaguars around the gym.

    ReplyDelete