Sunday, April 24, 2011

I, for one, welcome our new overlords

My parents have this plant. It's called a gunnera. Every spring, it emerges from something that looks like it was grown in the marsupial pouch of a Vorlon encounter suit. I think it's here to assume guardianship of the planet and shepherd our species towards a new way of life. I'm not convinced that this new way of life will be better than the one we are living now.

To test this hypothesis, my parents purchased a timelapse camera from a company called Wingscapes (shameless advert here). We set it up to take a picture every half an hour starting at 6am and ending at 7pm. This is the result of the first week of operation.

">

Obviously, there are some issues with the mounting (and we started too late in the season to instill in you the proper fear of this malevolent force of nature; look for something far more terrifying this time next year). I will try to stabilize the camera and post something longer and smoother in the coming months.

I also owe you something with a monster made out of a soda can and hot glue...

No comments:

Post a Comment