Saturday, November 21, 2009

mad/angry/confused scientist noises

For a while now, I've been intending to write a post about how I seem to be living on top of a naturally occurring Van de Graaff generator.* I mean, there's a naturally occurring nuclear reactor in Africa, so why not? Seriously, most mornings when I get up and turn on the faucet to get a drink of water, I get shocked touching the stream of water (not the faucet fixture) to check that it's cold enough. It could be that, after years of hang-drying my clothes, I've forgotten how much static electricity driers deposit in our clothes, and, when my arm hairs all stood on end as I put on my freshly laundered running shirt this afternoon, I thought "well, duh; that must be it!" Then I remembered:

I hang-dried (hung-dried?) my running clothes last night.

???

*for those of you whose middle school science teachers sucked: a Van de Graaff generator is a contraption for generating hilarious amounts of static electricity (and then performing neat tricks like pretending your a Centauri from Babylon 5 or Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars)Link

No comments:

Post a Comment